When you decide to write a book


Sitting in quarantine, watching some throw back 90s movies with my 10 year old daughter. Trying my best to make sure she has exposure to some of the greatest rom-coms that era has to offer. 'She's All That', 'Win A Date With Tad Hamilton', 'Never Been Kissed'. Only to be left in the middle of the movie for time with friends on Minecraft. 

My mind started to wonder how great it would be to write a romance that would be worthy of a generation. Keep in mind I am not Danielle Steel - I start to think about what that romance would be like. What would my lead character's names be? What is their occupation? Is it a torrid love affair or a wholesome Hallmark? 

I start tracking some of my ideas and pretty soon I come up with something to send to my friend Rachael. 

Rachael and I have known each other for the better part of 12 years. We have experienced a lot together - from raising children, to aging parents. We have exchanged many ideas over the years, from short story thoughts to horror movie plots. Often followed up with a "I would watch that movie" or "I would read that book".

I sent her an idea one afternoon and we started throwing ideas back and forth. Eventually saying, "I would read that book", and her following up with, "Let's write that book". 

So we started to get together on Friday or Saturday nights, often in her garage with a cozy lamp, and a folding table enjoying the warm summer nights or adding a floor heater to be able to work outside on cooler fall evenings. 

Enjoying a beverage or a coffee, we would laugh and write. Thinking is this really funny or just funny to us? Deciding that we didn't care. We were creating something fun, and spending time together. 

Here we are two and half years later, a complete novel. Now what? 

Do we try and get this thing published? Sell movie rights to Hallmark? 


Well that is the journey. 

Here in this space I am going to share with you our journey, where we are so far, and some excerpts of our completed work that we are trying now to publish. 

We hope that you enjoy getting to know us and our work as much as we are excited to share it with you. 

Yours, always
Rach and Kim

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Content Edits

Real Life Inspiration While Writing

Our Writing Process